So to be honest I really don’t know what I am doing my wife suggested that I try writing down some of my thoughts. She thinks I need to come to terms with what has transpired over the past few years and to be honest I think she is right. What has happened has been incredible and terrifying and incredibly terrifying, but it has also been amazing and some times even wonderful. To say that my life has been changed would be the understatement of the century and well I guess that I will be around to see if that is really true seeing as I will be around for a couple of them. Well if that is not confusing enough I guess I should start at the beginning with who am I? Before what happened I would have been as lost as you are at the question. I mean it is hard to figure out who we are in this world what our purpose is and if our lives have greater meaning. Well I found out that they do they have as much or as little meaning as we want or willing to give them and sometime they are even given meaning without our permission. Wow I like to ramble I really should say who I am even though I have no idea if this will ever be read. My name is Michael, I am 25 and I saved the world maybe even the universe and I don’t really care if you don’t believe because that does not make it not true.Man that sound cocky and stuck up but it really is true. I try to avoid the fact but I can’t and hence I am writing this so that maybe I can get it out of my head and make peace with it. By now if any one is reading this they must be wondering what the heck I am talking about. They are probably thinking I have not heard any world threatening events on the news lately well that is because you have not heard my side of the story.
which starts when I was 22, in college and I got a job as a security guard on campus at the time I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I felt as if I was meant for something great but failed at every thing i did i felt i could do any thing but always felt limited or blocked like something out side of my control was keeping me from doing the things i wanted or even the things that I should have been able to do. As a child I was diagnosed with a learning disabililty which blocked my academics. physically I was ok but when it came down to it i never could get my body to move how i wanted it to move it always seemed a little bit off. And then there was my heart I could never seem to get close to people i would be friends with people but always have a hard time feeling connected to them. i was even suffering from depression at the time all of every thing seemed to conspire to stop me and I did not know why. I would try to do the things i wanted but never seemed able to achieve any thing worth wile always trying always blocked.
Well fate has a funny way of slamming the universe on a person because at this time an ancient artifacts exhibit came to the college I was attending and i was assigned to work night security for it which was cool with me i was a night-owl anyway. So I had the night to my self to watch over all the priceless ancient artifact from some newly discovered lost civilization. the archaeologist had unearthed the items from a site that was smack dab in between europe and asia and then proceeded to find similar items all over the world scientists were at a lost to explain it they had no idea what it all meant the nearest they got to it was that there was some ancient pre-human history society that ruled all over the world and then vanished. They did not like the theory but for once they were right but i will never tell them that. Anyway so there I was doing my job watching the newest mystery in our world and I love it. I really did I got to look at all the cool artifacts night after night. But one was my favorite it was a sword. It was not the center piece of the exhibit, the tablet with all the unknown writing was, so it was put in the back of the exhibit. The reason it was not popular was that the hilt did not match the sheath and they had not been able the get it out of the sheath either so it was like the ugly child they did not want to show. the only reason they did was that the sheath was exquisitely beautiful with carvings that depicted great events in the history of this unknown people or what they thought were great events. But he hilt and the guard were ugly so it go pushed to the back. However I loved that sword at the time I did not know why, but now I know it was destiny. every night I would go and stare at that sword I loved looking at the sheath but I love the real part of the sword more I would imagine what the blade would look like and how it would have been used. It must have been and excellent sword to survive this long i would think. I would sit and wonder and imagine all night.
I'm so proud of you. I know you have tried writing this story before, but I feel like your writing really has improved. I love you so much
ReplyDeleteThis is the same thing tried to have you read way back in 2011.
Delete